Monday, June 2, 2008

Old Oakland and Lake Merritt


Being in the farmers market in Old Oakland was interesting. Everything there looks good! The people were really nice and polite. We needed to get 3 interviews done, and the first three people we asked said yes. I felt really comfortable around there. It was interesting how people come from some far away places, only to come to sell their products in this place. It looks pretty diverse because people bring different products. The farmers market in Old Oakland had a lot of similarities with Fruitvale. I felt it similar because there were a lot of Latinos selling fruit in Old Oakland. They looked like the stands that we have around the Fruitvale District.
After the interviews we went to Lake Merritt and we went paddle boating. It was fun, but I got dizzy! Seeing the waves move around too much made me sick. It was interesting and fun though, but my legs got really tired.

No comments: