Friday, May 30, 2008

Rockridge Oakland


When I walked into Rockridge, I couldn't believe that I was in another part of Oakland. Rockridge didn't feel like Oakland at all. The streets look different and the people act different. When we were looking for a place to eat, we didn't found any fast food places. We mostly found healthier restaurants. I went to eat at a Mexican restaurant, and it was surprising to see a long line of which no one was Mexican. The streets were really clean, unlike East Oakland. I felt completely safe walking around, and the people were nicer too. There weren't any people that I would say were rude to me. There were people who said no to the interview, but they said it in a nice polite way.
I think people in Rockridge can't relate with people from East Oakland. We are so different; they have their own style of life and we have ours. Rockridge is part of Oakland and I had never even visited there before. I think the only similarity that I found was that in Rockridge there were also minorities, but nowhere near to the number of minorities in East Oakland

1 comment:

Tito Hidalgo said...

Ignorance can only be overcome when people put themselves in someone else shoes. You’re doing the investigation of a journalist. Great job! Always smile, it is powerful.
Spanish Teacher