Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Castro District


Being in the Castro area in San Francisco was a very different experience. This was a community really different from where I am from. In the Castro area most people were homosexuals. Around the Fruitvale area you rarely see a homosexual couple, so when it was so common in the Castro area it was surprising. The place also looked different. There were colorful flags in every corner representing their homosexuality. The stores were also different. The bookstores sold different types of books.
The people there were really nice and polite. Mostly every time I turned around I noticed a smile. Some people couldn’t do the interviews, but they would say it in a very nice way. They would have a warm smile, and we never heard a plain out “NO”.
I really liked being here because it was a new experience. I like experiencing new things and meeting new people.

No comments: