Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lakeshore and the Oakland Rose Garden




When we were on our way to Lakeshore, I expected to see something better from where I am from. When I got there I noticed that the streets were dirty. There were a lot of buildings that were better than the ones we have in East Oakland, but overall Lakeshore was bad. There was one homeless guy around the whole time that were there. He sat down in a bus stop for a while and I noticed that he was talking to himself. When we were going to leave I also noticed that he got food from the garbage can. A lot people there were the same as people from East Oakland. They had similar lifestyle to ours. The difference was that there were a lot of white people in Lakeshore, and in East Oakland there is not that many. When I was there I didn't felt like an outcast. I didn't feel like people were staring at me weird, and I felt pretty comfortable.
Afterwards we went to The Oakland Rose Garden. When we were walking I got to see some nice sculptures made out of rocks. When we went up the garden I sat down, and around me there were many beautiful roses. There were roses of all colors. They were beautiful.

No comments: